Saturday 23 January 2016

"Turning" - a Chor Lau Heung 1984 MV

I always wanted to do a CLH 1984 MV with a new age piece as the music background, but I doubted whether it would fit the series. But when I found out about "Turning" by Italian-American Suzanne Ciani and Taiwanese Chyi Yu (Qi Yu), I considered it would fit Siu Ching's feelings to Chor Lau Heung. Of course, the "someone else is in [his] eyes"in this context was not a woman; rather, it was his own free wandering life that made him left the Palace and the girl he loved. To me, this song fits Siu Ching's original wish that Chor Lau Heung would leave the wandering life in favour of a royal life, but eventually the girl realised what was truly important, and dashed towards CLH's boat to be with him. 

 "The New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung" 1984 is the property of TVB Hong Kong; no copyright infringement intended. The MV is uploaded only to Vimeo. The beautiful winter snapshot was taken from Pinterest.

The "Turning" lyrics and the beautiful original MV featuring Suzanne and Chyi Yu are below the break. I can't believe I wasn't aware of Suzanne Ciani and Chyi Yu until a few days ago! Palm/face! Chyi Yu's angelic voice lent some ethereal ambiance to "Turning". The fact that she is from Taiwan (although she sang an English song here) also made me think "Yeah, this piece should fit". 

I hope you like this piece. Have a nice weekend!


"Turning" - a Chor Lau Heung 1984 MV from Icha74 on Vimeo.




"Turning" 

Written by Suzanne Ciani

Tell me you love me
Tell me that you're mine again
Tell me you won't turn away
Turn like the seasons
Turn back to me once again
Circling all the way

Once you were my blue eyed prince
Waking love from an endless sleep
You made all of my wishes come true
Turning all of my dreams into you

Turning and swirling and whirling 'round you again
Twirling and curling 'round you
Turning and burning and yearning for you again
All my life with you

But lately I'm losing sleep
Someone else is in your eyes
Won't you turn back to me my love
Won't you stop telling me lies

Turning and swirling and whirling 'round me again
Twirling and curling 'round me
Turning and burning and yearning for me again
All my life with you

It is a chance, a romance
It's a dance we do

Turning in circles we go
Turn like the seasons
Turn back to me once again
Never let me go

Tell me you love me
Tell me that you're mine again
Tell me you won't turn away
Turn like the seasons
Turn back to me once again
Circling all the way

Turning and swirling and whirling 'round you again
Twirling and curling 'round you
Turning and burning and yearning for you again
All my life with you

Turning and swirling and whirling 'round me again
Twirling and curling 'round me
Turning and burning and yearning for me again
All my life with you

3 comments:

Tamuyen Truong said...

I love this MV! I feel like this is what Siu Ching feels for Chor! Your skills for this is so brilliant Icha and the song goes very well with Siu Ching's feelings!

Icha said...

Thank you so much, my dear friend! It's a lovely feeling to know that you enjoy this MV! Admittedly, making a CLH MV is easier than making the Foundation MV because it's not a sad story. But I'm also running the risk of repeating the scenes too much. Hence, if you have some scenes you want to see more, and I haven't included, let me know. I will see how to fit it into another CLH MV if I can find the right music. For instance, I want to include the scene at Ep 4 where CLH pinched SC's chin after hugging her (after she rummaged his stuff), and also the funny scene at the inn where they met again for the second time after the restaurant scene. I just haven't got a music for that. Besides, Szeto Man Mo wants me to make an MV about him and Chor Yin, and you don't argue with that loud-mouth... ^_^

Tamuyen Truong said...

Thank you! I would actually like to see those parts that you mentioned. Yes I agree the songs for those parts are hard to find. However, making one for Fearless duo will be a nice one Icha!