Tuesday 12 April 2016

The 3rd OST of Chor Lau Heung 1984 (!!)



Okay folks, remember back in October 2015 (yes, last year) when I had the opening and closing themes of Chor Lau Heung 1984 translated? Back then, I already realised the presence of the third OST, which seemed to be sung by Liza Wang only (cos it was a female voice, and Liza was the singer for the CLH 1984 OSTs). Although I couldn't find the third track, I did note that some episodes ended with the third track (particularly Ep 30 where Daddy Emperor teased his cute daughter re: Chor tai-gor). But I almost gave up on finding the third track, cos it was so long ago, and in those days tracks were not preserved as well as during the internet era.

Then today I was sleuthing the net for the CLH 1979 track. Yes, the Adam Cheng version, cos it was definitely a cool track (one day I will make a CLH 1984 MV with the 1979 OST). Then...lo and behold, I landed on SPC Forum where the link to the third CLH 1984 track has been there since 2010! Palm/face... 


Hence, as you can see above, I herewith present you with the third OST of The New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung 1984 performed by the amazing Liza Wang. Title is 情到濃時休說痴  and I have no idea what it means. I will ask my Chinese friends to translate the lyrics for me, then I will make another CLH MV with this song.

Oh, and there's a slight problem. The YouTube video is 3:10 long... but it ended abruptly. I have asked the original poster if he/she could post the song in its entirety, but I'm not sure if that's possible. Then I sleuthed again and found the longer version 4:10 min at Tudou... but alas, that version was also not cleanly finished.



(someone uploaded the Tudou version to YouTube on 18 April 2016, so I can post it here!)


At any rate, do me a favour: tell me which version you like better, the 3 min YouTube or the 4 min Tudou version. I personally want a longer track, but the 3 min version seems to have a cleaner finish, though by no means it was totally finished. Since I need to know the meaning of the song first before making the MV, I don't know if I can finish this MV by the weekend (I'm off for a week this weekend for a holiday). I will try my best, though!

Edit 15 April 2016: Have uploaded the MV and the lyric translation here

6 comments:

Silkk said...

Well, I don't have time to completely read this blog right now but definitely love it so far. Just a question though, if you're still active on this. I've been trying to find the song that plays at the very end of the drama. Would you happen to know where to direct me?

Icha said...

Hi Silkk,

I'm still very much active, trying to post once a week or once a fortnight.

https://riverandlakerealm.blogspot.com.au/2015/10/chor-lau-heung-1984-opening-and-closing_8.html

The above has the ending theme of CLH 84. Also, the post below has the iTunes list of 1980s jianghu OSTs, including CLH 1984.

https://riverandlakerealm.blogspot.com.au/2017/03/my-1980-jianghu-gongwu-ost-list.html

The name of the song is Sword Tenderness 劍胆柔情 by Roman Tam and Liza Wang.

Febrisindapati said...

Saya tidak bisa buka lagunya Icha kenapa ya
Padahal saya penasaran sekali mau melihat MB dilagu ini

Icha said...

YouTube nya bisa kok dibuka di Australia. Seharusnya di Indo bisa buka juga ya...

JN said...

Hello Icha,
Not sure if you still monitor this post, but hopefully you'll see this. I have been searching for this 3rd OST as well, since a long while back. In 2004, I decided to rewatch this series (last time I saw it was in 1985) and began to like this song so much that I ripped the instrumental version (from the middle of an episode) from the DVD into MP3. Of course, it was not the complete song, only 1:35 mins. I then scoured the internet for this song, with or without vocal, didn't matter, but I wanted the full original version. In the same year, I found a 1:03 min version of the song with vocal. In 2005, I found a 3:15 version. Full song, but it was slightly cut off in the beginning and at the end. Moreover, the audio was low and not too clear. I have put my search on hold ever since. I have not heard the 4 min version..the link you provided in your post currently redirects to the main tudou site, not to the specific song. But I wanted to know if you were ever able to find a good clear version of the complete song. Or maybe even a good version of the instrumental one too. More importantly, do you have any information on the original source of this song? (such as which CD/album). My ultimate goal is to be able to find/purchase the original source and extract it onto FLAC format. (And this is just one song from all the TVBs that I've watched when I was a child. There are many songs from those series that I would love to track down to get the originals...) Although my search has been slowed and sporadic over these years, it still continues...Thanks.

Icha said...

Dear JN,

Thank you very much for your message. I have not resumed my search for this OST, but any hints to its whereabouts will be so much appreciated. Thus, I truly appreciate the info you sent me just now.

Thanks again, Icha