Saturday 13 August 2016

"Eyes on Me" - a Chor Lau Heung 1984 MV


"Eyes on Me" - a Chor Lau Heung 1984 MV from Icha74 on Vimeo.


I have loved "Eyes on Me" from Final Fantasy VIII since I found it in 2014. Then I stopped listening to it until recently, when I thought the theme would suit Song Siu Ching's feelings for Chor Lau Heung. I think I was right. "Eyes on Me" by Faye Wong, music composed by Nobuo Uematsu, English lyrics by Kako Someya. The English lyrics are below the break. I also included the original MV of "Eyes on Me" for FF VIII here. 

Enjoy!


Update 15 Aug'16: The Dailymotion version has been deleted by Dailymotion; I guess because of the song (Final Fantasy copyright?), not because of TVB. Dang... This is not a problem for those with access to Vimeo, but readers in Indonesia will have a problem with that, because Vimeo is banned in Indonesia (palm/face). Perhaps I need to make a Tudou account to upload this video? YouTube is out of question cos this is a video, not a collection of stills. Dang...




“Eyes on Me” - a Chor Lau Heung 1984 MV by icha74



Eyes on Me

Composer: Nobuo Uematsu
English lyrics: Kako Someya
Singer: Faye Wong
OST of Final Fantasy VIII


Whenever I sang my songs,
On the stage,
On my own.
Whenever I said my words,
wishing they would be heard.

I saw you smiling at me,
Was it real or just my fantasy?
You'd always be there in the corner of this tiny little bar. 

My last night here for you,
same old songs just once more
My last night here with you? 
Maybe yes, maybe no.


I kind of liked it your way,
how you shyly placed your eyes on me
Did you ever know that I had mine on you?

Ref 1:
Darling, so there you are, with that look on your face 
As if you're never hurt, as if you're never down
Shall I be the one for you who pinches you slowly but sure 
If frown is shown, then I will know you are no dreamer



So let me come to you as close as I wanna be
Close enough for me to field your heart beating fast 
And stay there as I whisper how I love your peaceful eyes on me 
Did you ever know that I had mine on you? 


Ref 2:
Darling so share with me your love if you have enough 
The tears if you're holding back
Or pain if that's what it is 
How can I let you know I'm more than the dress and the voice
Just reach me out then, you will now you are not dreaming 


Back to Ref 1


The original Final Fantasy VIII MV:

No comments: