Saturday 8 October 2016

Interview with Michael re LOCH 2017



Michael Miu was interviewed on 7 October 2016 on his recent roles in the Line Walker 2 (as Cheuk Sir) and in the Legend of Condor Heroes 2017 (as Huang Yaoshi). The followings are the translated and original versions of the interview. I have based my translation for the LOCH 2017 part from Google Translator, MDBG and the Kaypang Gallery Indonesian translation (thanks, Pangchu!). I translated the third and fourth parts myself from GT and MDBG. I didn’t translate part 1 about Line Walker 2; but I hopefully will in due course.

The original article can be found after the translation. It’s really nice to read the thoughts of our beautiful and wise Michael. Enjoy! Oh, and do correct me when you find mistakes in translation and interpretation, I surely have made some...

Update 9 Oct'16: Thanks to Krabs from SPCnet for editing some of my translation!





7 October 2016 by Zhang Xia

Part 2: From the Young Prince to Huang Yaoshi 


Michael Miu who starred in LOCH 1983 as the Young Prince (Xiao Huang Ye) Yang Kang, and harvested a large number of fans because of this role, has just finished filming the new version of LOCH where he portrayed the Master of the Peach Blossoms Island. This new role has apparently been his dream.

Reporter: This time you join the 2017 Legend of the Condor Heroes as Huang Yaoshi, which is a stark contrast to your previous role [in the 1983 version as Yang Kang]. Why did you choose this character this time?


Michael Miu (MM): the LOCH is a very complex and classic story with a very diverse audience ranging from those who watched the (1983) version and the current younger generations. Audience and readers will have their own images of the heroes in the story.

As for my reason for portraying Huang Yaoshi, there are two reasons. The first one is that I hope the audience don’t always associate me with Yang Kang, the Young Prince. Instead, I hope that they can see me as a new, fresh character. The second reason is because I am very fond of Huang Yaoshi, I think he is cool. He rules over an island, he excels in martial arts, he is unpredictable... I am overwhelmed by all those attributes. Also, the whole island is full of peach blossoms; I feel this person must be very romantic. Of the utmost importance: he is Huang Rong’s father; thus he must be full of wisdom. So, when I was approached for the role, I said, "Just stop, I'll take it."



Michael as Huang Yaoshi 2017 with Li Yitong (right, Huang Rong) and an actress that portrayed Mrs Huang

Reporter:  This version of Huang Yaoshi has certainly made people looking forward to. Can you share us a little more detail?

MM: I cannot share too much now... but indeed we have many versions of LOCH series in the past, each leaving their own impressions. We do not intend to make a superior edition or new classic of the novel. I just hope to be myself, to create a new HYS, to let the viewers see a unique portrayal of HYS.

Peach Blossoms Island, from Michael's weibo


Part 3: Don’t call me a male god. I’m just an actor

From the romantic Young Prince Yang Kang to the [绝代双骄 - not sure this one] to the Generals of Yang, MM has been viewed by female viewers as an absolute god (in terms of ‘hunkiness’ I suppose). But MM said he didn’t dare to claim that title, for he’s just an actor.

Reporter: In the Mainland, your fans see you as an absolute male god.

MM: A god! Hahaha! I know this is an encouragement (a praise?), but the term “god” is too much. I cannot be a god, I’m just an actor, hahaha!

You ask me to define what a "god" is, I dare not give comments, for there are so many handsome actors out there. I think each actor has his own charm, his own aura. As long as you have confidence in yourself, you stand up there in front of the camera, express yourself, that’s the best you can do.

Reporter: Which one do you prefer: doing business or becoming an actor?

MM: To be honest, I prefer being an actor, for the business world has too much pressure. The actor just performs in front of the camera to relax your mood. You can do it freely without giving yourself too much pressure. I used to do business which gave me a lot of experience and many friends. I feel that my greatest achievement in trade/business is to become a much calmer person than before, which is applicable to life and filming.

Reporter: So now you choose to live in freedom, does it make you calmer?

MM: No matter whether it’s life or work, relax is important. When you’re agitated, (remember that) things will be better (more comfortable) as long as you relax. I think having sufficient time to rest is very important for everyone. It’s also important to exercise. These days, people exercise more than we used to, which is good.


Michael Miu (Yang Kang 1983) and Chen Xingxu (Yang Kang 2017)


Part 4: Retirement is boring

MM currently doesn’t want to retire, for if he does, he might feel bored. If you can (still) work to maintain vitality, to motivate life, it’s better to go on working, for thus life is fulfilled and happy.

Reporter: What do you do when you are not working?

MM: I have two things in my life: reading and watching movies/going to the cinema. I can enrich life experience and improve my own performance through reading and watching movies. As for going to the theatre, I want to learn from the performances of other actors.

Reporter: If you want to retire one day, do you want to travel with your wife?

MM: I really haven’t thought of retiring, haha, because retirement is boring, nothing to do. I think working is very important for everyone; it’s up to you whether you want your load to be busy or easy/relaxing. There’s this vibrant dynamic during filming. If you retire, you may not experience such a state again.

Reporter: Any suggestions for hard-working younger generations?

MM: Be positive when working, for thus you will always learn something. For young people and students, reading is working. For office workers, working is learning. In short, people must have things to do. People easily age if they are bored. Hence, we must always work, or having a goal, don’t waste the time and energy you have.

-xxx-


侨伟:从小王爷到黄药师 圆自己射雕

香港TVB电视剧《使徒行者2》已被提上拍摄日程,Sir”侨伟、欢喜哥许绍雄将悉数回归,袁伟豪、陈豪、宣萱、周柏豪、黄翠如等艺人将加盟团队拍摄。日前记者专访主演苗侨伟,透露新剧看点和同时,苗侨伟也透露,自己已经完成新一版《射雕英雄传》的拍摄工作,从当年的小王转而变成新版药师,令人期待。

1《使徒行者2》是一个全新的故事

《使徒行者2》是前传,主要的人物是卓sir欢喜哥,但我们会带出一些新的故事和人物。
记者:这一次《使徒行者2》的看点是什么呢?

侨伟:如果大家还记得,上一集《使徒行者》里面,卓sir调的是生要见人,死要见尸,那为什么要这样坚持?这一集(《使徒行者2》)就会告诉观众。还有就是卓sir之前的经历是怎么样?以及他为什么要坚持的故事。然后还有我和欢喜哥的关系,这一次也会透露出来。

记者:除了会继续之前的故事,还会给大家带来什么新故事?

侨伟:因为上一集我们主要是卧底,那这一次《使徒行者2》的新元素就是,告诉大家如何培养卧底,这是一个新的看点。我们去怎么样培训卧底。

记者:你和许绍雄是一对特别有观众缘的新"cp",可以评价一下你的这位搭档吗?

侨伟:欢喜哥(许绍雄)我就不评价了,哈哈,他是前辈,非常棒的老演员了,我们都非常非常尊敬他的。他的戏很棒,跟他搭档非常过瘾

2小王药师

侨伟曾因出演过83版《射雕英雄传》的小王杨康而收获大批粉丝,日前刚刚结束的新版电视剧《射雕英雄传》中,他转而扮演桃花岛主药师,这也源自他内心里长久的一个射雕梦

记者:新版射雕你也加盟了,这一次演药师,好像和以前反差好大,为什么选择这个人物呢?

侨伟:我始终对射雕是有情结的,这是个太经典的故事,很多不同年龄的观众,基本上都是看过射雕,不管是哪一个版本的作品,大家或多或少,都会在各自的心目中有自己的一个《射雕英雄传》。

至于为什么演药师,有两个原因在里面,一个是我希望大家再看到我时,不要老是记得以前的杨康小王,而是可以看到我扮演的新的人物,觉得眼前一亮。
第二个原因,是我本身就非常喜药师,我觉得他很酷。一个岛的岛主,武功又高深莫测,很霸气的感觉。而且岛上种满了桃花,感觉这个人一定是非常浪漫的。最重要的是,他是黄蓉的爸爸,一定充满了智慧。所以当时找到我的时候,我就说不用说了,这个药师我一定会接下来。

记者:那么这一版的药师肯定让人无比期待了,可以给我们透露一点细节吗?

侨伟:现在还不能讲太多,但我们之前拍过这么多版本,大家各自印象里也有经典的射雕样子存在。我觉得不是想着要超越以前的版本,或者再制造一个经典这样。我希望我做一个自己的药师创造一个新的药师出来,让观众看到有不同的感觉。

3不敢叫男神,我只是男演

风流倜傥的小王爷杨康,到《绝代双骄》中的江枫、《杨家将》中的杨延辉……侨伟成为一代女性观众心目中的绝对男神。但苗侨伟笑称,自己不敢称男神,最多只能叫男演员。

记者:在内地,你的粉丝特别多,已经成为很多人心目中的绝对男神。

侨伟:男神,哈哈,我知这是给我的鼓励,但是现在男神太多了,我不敢叫男神,我只是男演员,哈哈。

让我去评价什么是男神,我不敢去评的,现在那么多帅哥。我觉得每一个演员都有各自的魅力,有自己的气场,只要你对自己有信心,你站在台前面,站在镜头前面,很轻松的表现自己,那就是最棒的。

记者:做生意和做演员,更喜欢哪一个?

侨伟:其实我更喜欢做演员,说实话,因为经商的压力会大得多。演员就只是表演就好了,在镜头面前放轻松你的心情,能做到挥洒自如就可以了,不要给自己太多压力。以前经商的那段时间,给了我很多经历,也让我认识很多朋友,我觉得经商给我最大的收获,就是让我在生活和拍戏上面,比以前更加淡定了。

记者:所以现在,你选择的是自由自在的生活,工作反而淡定许多?

侨伟:是这样,不管生活也好,工作也好,一切放松就好。如果你越紧张,事情会越做得不好,只要你放松,就可以做到非常自如了。我觉得每个人自己的状态很重要,对我来说,给一个充分休息的时间是必需的。然后就是自己要锻炼,现在男孩子会比以前多锻炼,工作也更加积极,这个特别好。

4退休会觉得无聊

侨伟目前不想退休,如果有一天退休了,他说自己可能会觉得无聊,如果有工作可以保持活力,给生活动力,不如就这样下去,人生也一样觉得充实而开心。

记者:平时你不工作时,最喜欢做些什么?

侨伟:我的生活就是两件事:看书、看戏。看书或者电影,我可以充实人生经验,对表演有好处。看戏,是我想要去吸收一下其他的演员的表演。

记者:如果有一天想要退休了,想要和太太一起去哪里?

侨伟:退休还没想到,哈哈,因为退休好无聊啊,那就是没事做了。我觉得,工作对大家来说是很重要的,只不过是看你想要忙碌的工作、还是轻松的工作。我自己的话,那就轻松的工作好了,一切都是自己开心就好。这样就在拍摄的时候,可以有一种活力、动力。如果你退休了,可能这样的状态很快就没有了。

记者:有没有可以给正在打拼的小辈提供的建议?

侨伟:工作的时候一定要积极向上,我们会随时吸收一些东西。对年轻人和学生来说,读书就是工作。对上班族来说,工作就是学习。总之人一定要有事情做,如果人每天无聊,那就会很快变老,所以大家要永远有一个工作的状态,或者是一个目标,才不会荒废了时间和青春。

撰文/张侠

制作/鱼仔

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penggemar internasional ingatnya Michael Miu as Yeung Hong/ Yang Kang termasuk aku hehehe... juga sbg Chor Lau Heung Gor, wajarlah sebagai actor dia ingin diingat dalam peran yang lain.
Wina

Icha said...

hehehe, begitulah, kalo udah nyantol image, ya susah dilupakan... tapi aku seneng sih dia main jadi HYS... Thanks ya Wina...

Gimana, udah kelar re-watching HSDS 86?

Anonymous said...

Aku belum re-watching HSDS 86, masih banyak gawean... Tony why you're so cute :P, waktu muda lah sekarang mah keliatan dewasa bgt.